Books for teachers
Here are some recommended ESL books for teachers:
- How To Teach English (with DVD) A popular and practical book for English as a Second Language teachers. A good place to start.
- The Practice of English Language Teaching with DVD (4th Edition) (Longman Handbooks for Language Teachers) Another book by Jeremy Harmer.
- Activities, Games, and Assessment Strategies for the Foreign Language Classroom
- English Grammar In Use with Answers and CD ROM: A Self-study Reference and Practice Book for Intermediate Students of English A book about teaching English grammar.
Books for students
The following are some books for your ESL classes/students. If you need to choose a book for class or you need more materials for young learners then these are what I would recommend.
- Let's Go 1 Student Book with CD-ROM (Let's Go Third Edition) Let's Go is a six part series with Let's Go 1 as the first book. These books suit ages from about 5-13 years old. There is also a workbook and a teachers book available.
- English Time 1: Student Book Similar to the above.
If your school doesn't have books then you could buy one book and then make photocopies to hand out to your students.