Here is a fun icebreaker to use with your ESL students
20 questions is a fun icebreaker to use on your first day. It can also be used as a warm-up activity. This video was filmed in Korea in a hagwon. This was a fun group of students to teach. You can see that they were enjoying themselves too.
This can be used as a warm up activity for teaching ESL or as an icebreaker. It's fun as it gets students up, talking and moving about the classroom. To do this create a list of questions like:
- Who has been to France?
- Who likes chicken?
- Who's favorite color is green?
- Who likes apples, but not oranges?
- Who is learning Japanese?
- Who doesn't like to play computer games?
- Have students stand and circulate around the room and ask each other the questions
- Have them write the students name down when they answer yes to the question