Here's a fun writing activity
To do this ESL activity:
- Place two chairs at the back of the room facing front.
- Place two chairs/desks in the front of the room facing back.
- Make sure there is at least 15 feet between them.
- Two students sit at the back of the room with their textbooks. Have them number some sentences in their books.
- Two students sit at the front of the room with a pencil and paper. Have them draw ten lines on the paper for writing.
- Have two students stand in between the two sets of chairs.
- Say a number, like "1".
- Have the students in the back point to that number.
- Have the students in the middle read that sentence to themselves and run and tell that sentence to the other student on their team sitting in front.
- Those two write down what they hear.
- The fastest to say it and write it correctly gets a point for their team.
- Continue and rotate the students. Those in the back sitting come to the middle to be the messenger, those in the middle come to the front to sit and write, etc.
Learn more writing activities.