A fun writing activity for using simple past, present, and future tenses
To do this writing activity:
- Write three partial sentences on the board. Here's an example: Five years ago I _________. Now I _______. In five years I _________.
- Hand your students some paper.
- Have them fill in the blanks.
- Encourage your students to be creative.
- After they have finished the exercise have them read theirs out loud.
- Alternatively you could have them switch papers and read their friends.
It would help if you create your own and model it for them first.
Learn more writing activities.