A fun ESL game to use when practicing speaking in sentences/Q&A
To play this ESL game:
- Draw a grid on the board with 9 boxes
- Also draw the same grid on a piece of paper
- Within each space (on the paper) draw something like + or - 1, 5, or 10. Then also draw like + 2 stamps, 10 jumping jacks, etc. You do not want to show them the paper.
- Call on students to give you words from your English lesson. Then fill in the grid on the board.
- Once the grid has been filled have two students formulate a sentence or Q&A
- Whoever is the fastest to correctly form a sentence gets to chose a word
- After they choose the word look at your paper to find the corresponding spot in the grid
- Grant them whatever is in that space