An ESL activity that helps students practice spelling and writing
For this ESL activity:
- Using content from your lessons, have students come up with different vocabulary words.
- Have them partially write down the words on a piece of paper.
- Have them leave some letters missing, not too many and not too few. For example, "P_r_nh_"
- Have them come up with at least five words.
- After they have finished have them switch papers with another student.
- Have them fill in the missing letters to form a word.
To help the students you can give them some framework, like tell them to select words from "Fridays lesson" or possibly things that are in the room. And let them know that too few letters will be too difficult. And too many will be too easy.
Learn more writing activities.