This is a fun ESL game for reviewing vocabulary words.
This game will work well with large categories, such as animals, school objects, jobs, countries, etc.
- Choose a category, for example, "animals", and write as many animals on the board you and your class can think of
- One student comes forward and sits in a seat facing the rest of the class
- They have in their mind one thing that's listed on the board
- The rest of the class has to figure out what she is thinking of
- They can only ask yes or no questions
- For example, "Is it black?", "Does it live in Africa?", "Does it eat meat?", etc.
- Once they guess correctly you can have the student who guessed come to sit in the front