This is an ESL game for practicing vocabulary. It works well for practicing pronunciation.
This activity breaks the words into syllables for a simpler pronunciation.
- You'll need some A4 paper cut into about 4 pieces
- Take vocabulary words from your lesson and cut them into syllables. For example, "in" goes on one piece of paper and "sect" goes on another
- Have one student for each syllable come to the front of the class and give each their syllable
- Standing side by side have the students pronounce their syllables one at a time
- Then have your students scrunch down
- Say "Go" and they quickly stand up and say their syllable
- Correct any mistakes and have the whole class repeat together
- Change students and vocabulary words