Learn how to teach songs in the ESL classroom
To teach songs:
- Select some music or a song from your textbook.
- Play the music one time through and have your ESL students listen.
- Go back to the beginning, play the first line of the lyrics and pause it.
- Have your students repeat the first line.
- Play the second line of the lyrics, pause it and have your students repeat.
- Continue playing, pausing and having your students repeat until the song is finished.
- Go back to the beginning of the song and push play.
- Have your students sing along with the music until finished.