Practice counting by passing a ball around
This is a simple ESL activity for practicing numbers. To do this activity:
- Get a ball or a soft die.
- Have your students stand or sit.
- Pass one of your students a ball.
- Give them a number.
- Have them give you the next number.
- After they do have them pass it to the next person. It could be the person next to them or anyone else.
- The next person gives them the next number a passes it.
- Continue counting and passing the ball around.
You can start from any number. If you just taught them numbers 50-100, then start from 50. You can also count backwards. If you're teaching adults, then you could use this same activity to practice bigger numbers like 1000+ or maybe years like 1989, 1990, etc.