An ESL listening activity that uses drawing
"Draw it" is like a drawing dictation. This can work especially well with young learners and soon after delivering the lesson material. To do this activity:
- Create a piece a paper with four empty squares and a line at the top. Hand them out to your students.
- Read a sentence from a story or other content from your lesson to the children.
- Have them draw what they hear.
- Have them write down what they hear.
- Check their drawings for comprehension
It may depend on their level somewhat, but this can simply be a drawing dictation. There doesn't have to be writing.