A competitive spelling activity for small classes
To do this ESL activity:
- Place two chairs in the front facing the class.
- Divide your class into teams and have two students from each team come sit in the front.
- Give them a word to spell.
- The first one to spell it correctly gets a point for their team.
- Have the next set of students come forward to sit.
You can have the rest of the students help them spell if they don't remember. You can also have a student say a word for the two seated to spell.