"Spelling Bee I" is a spelling activity that works well with large ESL classes
This is a fun spelling activity that works well with large classes. It involves lining your students up and giving them a word to spell. Often any activity that involves this can work well with large classes. To do this spelling activity:
- Create two lines of students facing the board.
- You'll operate one line by standing in the front and have your co-teacher or pick a higher level student to operate the other.
- Give the first one in line a word from your lesson to spell.
- If he or she spells it correctly give their team a point.
- Then they go to the back of the line.
- Give the next student a word to spell.