"Musical Chairs" is a fun activity that can be used occasionally when teaching songs
Musical chairs is a fun activity to use occasionally. It's not especially educational, but it is fun. I remember this was one of my favorite classroom games as a kid. To do this activity:
- Line up a bunch of chairs with one less than the total students in your classroom.
- Have your students stand next to these chairs.
- Play music.
- Have your students walk around the chairs without touching them.
- Stop the music.
- Have everyone try to sit down.
- The student who is without a chair is out and goes back to his desk.
- Take one chair out.
- Play music and continue until you have only one chair and one student.