This is a writing activity for teaching vocabulary to children
This is a fun and efficient activity that can be used when teaching and practicing vocabulary words. Students get the chance to practice the four skills; writing, reading, listening and speaking.
To do this activity:
- Divide your class into two or more teams depending on the size of the class
- Say a vocabulary word from your lesson
- One student from each team races up to the board to write it
- After they write it they say it
- The first student to say it and write it correctly gets a point for their team
- The other students seated can help them spell it correctly
- Make sure that they correct any mistakes before sitting down
You could also have them draw a picture of the word as well as write it.