This is a fun & energizing activity for teaching vocabulary.
- Get some "Post-It's"
- Write vocabulary words (two of each) from your lessons on them or have your students write them
- Place one set on the back left side and one on the back right side of the room
- Draw a picture of or simply write a matching word on the board
- Divide your class into two teams
- Have one student from each team come to the back of the room
- Say "Go"
- Students race to match the Post It's to the images or words on the board
- Give a point to the first team to do so correctly
After two students have matched all the words you can have the students repeat the vocabulary words together. Then pick two new students from each team to come take a turn.