A fun and efficient vocabulary activity for teaching vocabulary.
This is a good game for teaching and practicing vocabulary.
- Divide your class into two teams and into two lines standing facing the board
- Say or point to a word on the board and say "Go"
- Each student says the word while at the same time passing it down the line
- The last students run up to the board to write and say it
- Give a point to the first one to say it correctly
- They then go to the front of the line
This is a fun game for teaching ESL. It is also very efficient. If a student doesn't say the word send the marker back and have them do it again or don't give their team a point.
For large classes you can divide your ESL students into more than two lines. Due to space I probably wouldn't have any more than 4 lines. This activity goes pretty fast so you put 10 people or so in one line. If someone doesn't speak then you can have them pass the marker back.