This is a fun activity to use when teaching counting
To do this ESL activity:
- Have your students stand up and form a line.
- Stand in front of the line.
- Give the first student a number.
- They repeat and go to the back of the line.
- The next student steps forward, says the next number and then goes to the back of the line.
- Continue this process.
Like other counting activities, you can work with the numbers that you just taught them. You can count backwards as well. If you're teaching higher level learners then you can use this to practice bigger numbers and years.